The ESTechnologies installation is housed in a protected, refrigerated 20-foot container and consists of an energy storage with twenty-six ESTechnologies Lithium Polymer batteries connected in series with associated standard conversion technology. The whole is connected to 250 kW generators and to flexible solar panels from Zonel Energy System. The Dutch Engineers in Afghanistan have had good experiences with this type of panels and they now want to use them again in Mali. The solar panels are mounted on the roofs of the accommodations.
The benefits for Defense:
- The ability to buffer energy obtained from the solar panels during the day for power consumption during the nighttime hours.
- A very stable network in terms of frequency and peak voltages (an enormous advantage in view of sensitive electronic equipment).
- Automatic access to a UPS with uninterrupted operation without loss of data.
- Planned use can be made of the aggregates, so that they can be used especially in the cooler hours, so that they yield a higher yield.
- Less wear and tear on the generators because they can be switched off during sandstorms (fine dust) (so less downtime and less maintenance costs).