Do you want to contribute to the future of a greener shipping?
EST-Floattech is now hiring an Embedded Software Engineer!
EST-Floattech’s mission is to build clean and reliable intelligent energy storage systems to support the energy transition in both the landbased and maritime industry. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you help to achieve the further growth of EST-Floattech within the changing world of energy storage systems and their applications. In this position you will be alternately focussed on three main areas namely proposal engineering, project engineering and developing our energy storage systems for hybrid and full electric ships. As an international player, EST-Floattech is looking for an eager Embedded Software Engineer based in the Netherlands (Hoofddorp).
What’s in a day’s work?
- Developing low-level and application software for our embedded systems.
- Analysing the requirements that the software needs to meet
- Develop software architectures for new systems
- Creating user, service and project documentation
- Test and validation of software
- Managing software revisions in GIT
- Peer reviewing together with experienced colleague software engineers
- Working close together with the hardware team
- Planning your own work
What are we are looking for?
- A Bachelor or Master degree in software engineering, electrical engineering, industrial automation or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in developing software for embedded systems
- Mastering C program language
- Experience with at least one script language
- Experience with microcontrollers (NXP, Microchip or ST)
- Experienced in debugging software and using debugging tools
- Experienced in writing reliable software
- Experience with communication protocols such as CAN, SPI and UART
- Experience in designing and applying peripheral drivers
- Experience with designing/implementing bootloaders
- Basic knowledge of analogue and digital electronics
- Fluent in English, preferably also in Dutch
- Systematic and disciplined approach to work
- Proactive with an eye for customer satisfaction
- Social and communicative
- Intrinsic motivation to create a sustainable impact
- Self-employed with a critical working attitude
- Team player
What to expect from us:
- Excellent market-based salary, based on knowledge and work experience
- An enthusiastic and experienced team of colleagues
- Opportunity to develop yourself within or outside your field of expertise
Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Xiomara le Grand, HR Manager. You can also call +31 (0)227 745 511.