EST-Floattech introduces Boost Charger – perfect for off-highway EV Mobility
EST-Floattech is pleased to announce that the Norwegian team has started to build the first EST Boost charger unit.
The unit will be installed on a construction site in Norway and tested on a daily basis for fast-charging electric machines such as excavators, wheel loaders and trucks. It also provides AC power to consumers such as heaters, blowers, tools, pumps and cranes. The project is supported by the city of Oslo which was awarded as the European Green Capital in 2019.
Oslo has shown great leadership in Europe to become one of the most sustainable and green cities in the world. 95 % reduction of greenhouse gases is the target of Oslo within 2030. To reach this goal, the ambition is that all construction sites shall be zero emission already in 2025. One main solution to reach this goal is the EST Boost charger which will secure fast-charging of the construction machines on sites with or without sufficient grid power.
The benefits of the EST BoostCharger
- Reduced cost, by eliminating the need for a new transformer installation at site.
- Reduced projecting and delivery times, as the supercharger is encased in a standard mobile container it can be quickly installed at any construction site on short notice.
- Peak shaver towards grid, with a power bank peak loads towards the grid is eliminated resulting in a lower cost for the power connection.
- Power booster, with limited power supply from the grid the batteries provide boosted power capabilities for the machine greatly reducing charging times from 2-8h down to 0.5-2h.
- Backup supply, if the grid connection is unstable or lost the batteries will serve as a backup supply so that machines can still be charged whilst the problem is fixed.
- Multi-interfaced charging station with CCS2 (DC) and AC output. Ensuring any construction machine can charge without the need of providing its own charging solution.
Challenges faced today
- Long charging times for off-highway EVs due to low power available from standard grid connections.
- Unstable and lost supply due to high loads on the grid connection.
- Long delivery times and high cost for installations increasing the power available in the grid connection.
- High grid fees due to power peaks.
- No standard interface for charging construction machines
Please contact our Norwegian sales team: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.